Juliet Patterson is the author of Threnody and The Truant Lover (Nightboat Books) and the chapbooks Epilogue and Dirge. Her poems and essays have appeared widely in numerous magazines. She lives in Minneapolis with her partner and son.
The U.S. political system’s philosophy as described in the Constitution is that sovereignty ultimately resides with the citizenry. The public reserves the right to know what our elected officials are doing and decide whether they are getting the job done. The media, as provided by the first amendment, assist the public in developing those judgements. […]
- WOW. 2017 or 1984?Principal Is Accused of Being a Communist, Rattling a Brooklyn School, via @nytimes https://t.co/XFfowHRBLp
- One reason people don't confront climate change may be to avoid despair. https://t.co/VVJZ1oMYZx via @CC_Yale
- Retweeted Jane Mayer (@JaneMayerNYer):
Dark Justice -- interesting speculation as to the secret money backing... https://t.co/i6Q5wlEKrI
- @JoniTevis @nightboatbooks Thank you JT
- @francinejharris @pubtri happy to be in your company!
Follow julietpatterson on Twitter